Do you have cracks in your asphalt driveway? Asphalt cracks can be the result of anything from harsh weather conditions to car accidents, so it is essential to repair them as soon as possible.
What You Can Do
If the damage is minor, there are several things you should do before calling a professional asphalt contractor out to your home or business:
- Check for any loose rocks or debris around the area where the asphalt has cracked.
- Clean off any dirt that might be on top of the dry asphalt.
- Look for oil spills on your asphalt and clean the pavement immediately with dish soap or baking soda. If left untreated, the oil and chemicals will cause the asphalt to become brittle.
You should have no trouble taking care of the problems mentioned above. However, certain issues are better left to the professionals to handle.
Hire an Asphalt Repair Contractor for the Following
- Fill any cracks in the pavement with tar-based sealant before laying down the fresh asphalt.
- If the asphalt needs to be cut, ensure to use a circular saw with the blade set at a 45-degree angle to ensure it is done smoothly.
- Buy the right materials for your project because they are available in varying thicknesses depending on whether they are for residential or commercial projects.
- Check if your pavement has a solid foundation before laying down new paving material. Remember, asphalt needs a strong base, and that the area must be free of debris.
- Ensure that the asphalt is smooth and level with no bumps or ridges before laying down paving material.
When you work with an asphalt contractor, remember these critical points to get the work done correctly and smoothly:
- Asphalt is a type of material that holds up well in the sun and heat. Therefore, get the job done only if the temperature is 50 degrees or higher.
- Asphalt needs time to cure before being used by vehicles or pedestrians. Let it cure for at least 24 hours.
- After sealing asphalt cracks, sealcoating is recommended for asphalt pavements to extend the life of the pavement. Sealcoating is a process that seals and protects asphalt surfaces from water, air pollution, damage from UV rays, and chemicals.
The Importance of Hiring a Professional Asphalt Repair Service
Hiring an asphalt repair service is essential to keep your asphalt in good condition. When you decide to get your asphalt repaired, you need to make sure and hire a professional to do the job.
If you are looking for an asphalt paving contractor in the Moorestown, NJ area to take care of your asphalt repair and sealing needs, Garden State Paving & Seal Coating, LLC is your best bet. We offer expert services at competitive rates so that you can get back on track without breaking the bank. Whether it’s an emergency or a planned project, we will provide quality workmanship with excellent customer service.