Sealcoating the pavers is an integral part of keeping them looking new. But with all the products on the market, it can be hard to know which sealer to choose or how often to reapply. And if you don’t do it right, you could end up with a big mess (and a bigger bill). And once you’ve applied the sealer, how do you know if it’s doing its job?
This blog post by Garden State Paving & Sealcoating, LLC discusses some do’s and don’ts for sealcoating that will help keep your pavers in tip-top condition.
Do’s Of Sealcoating
- Do clean your pavers before sealcoating. This will help the sealer to adhere better and last longer.
- Do repair any cracks or chips in your pavers before sealcoating. Again, this will help the sealer last longer and keep your pavers looking their best.
- Use a high-quality sealer designed for asphalt paving. This will ensure that your pavers are protected from the elements and look great for years to come.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for applying the sealer. This will ensure that you get the best results possible.
- Have your pavers professionally sealed if you’re unsure how to do it yourself. This will ensure that they’re sealed correctly and look their best.
Dont’s Of Sealcoating
- Don’t wait too long to seal coat your pavers. You should seal them every two to three years, depending on the traffic they get.
- Don’t use a sealer that’s not designed for asphalt paving. This can damage your pavers and void any warranties you have on them.
- Don’t apply the sealer in direct sunlight. This can cause the sealer to dry too quickly and not adhere properly to your pavers.
- Don’t forget to clean your pavers before sealing them. Any dirt or debris on your pavers will be sealed in, so it’s essential to make sure they’re clean before you begin.
By following these simple do’s and don’ts, you can keep your pavers looking their best for years to come. Contact a professional paving contractor if you have any questions about sealcoating your asphalt pavement.
At Garden State Paving and Sealcoating, LLC, we pride ourselves on our commitment to quality. We offer a wide range of asphalt paving services, from asphalt repair to pavement replacement, to be sure that your property is in good hands. Our team is fully qualified and experienced in all aspects of asphalt paving, and we use only the latest and most innovative techniques and equipment to get the job done right. So if you’re looking for a reliable and reputable paving company in Moorestown, NJ, look no further than Garden State Paving and Sealcoating! Get your quote now!